A straight-up dive in and start making course covering setting up, intro to sound files, recording, speech and music editing, show arrangement, and a guide to saving and mixing down' your final edit.
Delivered through bitesize video lessons, 2.5 hours in total, the course covers everything you need to record and edit a basic speech podcast and music radio show. The sound files used are downloadable, as is a template built for this project which enables an effective workflow.
The core application used is REAPER which has a free - up to 60 day - fully functioning trial and works on any PC or Mac laptop/computer.
- Setting up and downloading Reaper
- Getting started with audio
- Meet the Mixer in Reaper
- Recording (3 lessons; using an App, a USB microphone and a Soundcard)
- Editing speech
- Automating volumes
- Best practice to stop 'clipping' (i.e. distortion)
- Normalizing (making sound files louder)
- EQ (changing bass and treble)
- Maximizing (a clever trick)
- Grouping audio and using markers
- Editing an interview, full example
- Putting together a music and speech show, full example